Saturday, May 8, 2010

Building iphone Apps Cheaply - my initial thoughts on my Mac Mini purchase

Hell must have frozen over. I'm also pretty sure that someone out there is going to make me eat my hat as It is probably something I would have said should anyone have asked me whether or not I would ever buy a mac product.

I have been a PC user since I was the tender age of 15 and I love PCs and I love using them. I feel very much at home when I have a computer in front of me.

Unfortunately, the times they are changing (thanks bob ;-)) and with the advent of the iPhone from Apple and customers enquiring more and more about iPhone Apps I decided a Mac was needed. The first thing I tried was one of the number of hackintosh products, both iAtkOS and Kalyway relases of osx86 and I managed (albeit after a lot of hard work and tinkering) to get them working. I managed to get one working on a AMD based system and one on a Intel Core 2 Duo System, they are both made and very well supported by a dedicated community. There are answers out there for almost any product for both releases, so it is a great way to get to know OSX and you can do it with the equipment you probably already own. If you want to find a copy, check out the bay of pirates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home